I’ve been processing on the idea that “The Sole Purpose of Food is Enjoyment” for nearly 30 years now. I remember when I first heard it, it absolutely did not resonate. That’s because I had a completely erroneous mindset in there about food, which included ideas like:
- Food can make you fat
- Food can make you thin
- Food can nurture you
- Food can make you sick
- Food can cause allergies
You can see that none of those ideas contains the concept of Enjoyment. I want to share with you the kinds of ideas I’ve processed across the years to get to the place where I no longer think any of those five bulleted points, and I only eat for the sake of enjoyment.
- Only Mind is cause.
- Only thinking can cause things.
- The things caused are NOT cause, they are effect.
- Effect has no ability to cause anything.
- Food is effect.
- Food has no ability to cause anything.
- The only reason food appears to cause something is because I am thinking it can cause something. (Remember: Only thinking can cause things. Things cannot cause things.)
- Once I fully understand food cannot cause anything, I relinquish my mistaken idea and food returns to it’s norm where it causes nothing quite naturally.
I would love to think that if you print out this page and you think about it across some period of time, you will get to the place where Enjoyment is the only thing you think about when it’s time to eat. To that main idea add the idea of “All things in moderation” you’re a happy girl.
Reminder: a wonderful Christmas gift for your large friends is my book: My Cats Have Seen Me Naked: How I Achieved Self-Love and Self-Acceptance While Obese. You can buy it here.